Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS acting strangely - bad extension port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJRabin

MIS
Sep 28, 2006
US
A customer called stating that one of his 3 lines was not working properly. on site, I found that ext. 10 was unplugged by the customer, which appeared to make things work better. When plugged in, power to the phone was intermittent at best. On other phones that ext shows as busy (even when not plugged in) and it has siezed line 2 (when plugged in and on line 2 shows green, on other phones shows red, even after phone is unplugged.)

I cycled power to system which fixed the problem, until I plugged ext. 10 back in - I tried both at the wall jack and directly into ext port on the PARTNER. Tried with a different phone too, same issue.

Bad port? other suggestions?

Sounds like it to me if you tried different phones and connected right to the system. bad port is my guess.

You could also try the #728 system rest; sometimes that fixes weird problems. Feature/0/0/Left Icom/Left Icom/#728/enter. It seems odd that port 10 would go bad on an R6; these systems are pretty reliable. Hope this helps - D

Have you check #505 group 7 and made sure no extra ext are set to vm ports other then the vm ports?

vm hunt group isn't going to cause that problem

like kwing mentioned take a known good phone and plug directly into the processor if its still acting up then its a bad port

try moving the trunk to a different port, and remove the line appearance it was grabbing. Also unplug all exts., bad phone can freak out the system as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back