Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS 8.0 volume issues 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

retiredtelco

Technical User
Jul 27, 2008
US
I recently installed a Partner ACS R8.0. The client is reporting low volume on the transmit side. Their clients are reporting callers are having a hard time hearing my clients. It is showing up at various extensions and lines. In our county we have two cable/dial tone companies. Charter and Comcast. My client recently moved from a Comcast serving area to a Charter serving area. They could not port their previous numbers to the new location. Plus the client wanted to keep their old number from the Comcast switch. Comcast has the calls permanently RCF to a set of Charter issued numbers.Any ideas?

Dexman, I will try that. It is ugly when you involve two cable/dial tone companies

Hi retiredtelco,

I did have an R7 that seemed to get softer as the call went on so I guess not unheard of. The temp in the room with the R7 was on the hot side.

Did you install the R8 at the new location, not move it from the old? Trying to get a sense of if was in the picture at the original location and worked well there. If not, did they have an ACS at the previous site? I have run into this a few times and the only thing so far that I can find (and this is a real grab) is a relationship between the series 2 phones, the user, and the way some of them hold them letting the handset drop under their chin. Probably not lucky enough for that to be the problem, but as Dexman says, calls at the demarc are the way to go. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back