Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner ACS 6.0 Second Line rings twice, then drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savvydog

Technical User
May 25, 2007
US
Greetings,
A strange thing started today.
Line 2 would ring twice, then (according to the caller) just drop off. However, if one answers the line about 10 seconds after the last ring heard, the caller is on the line.
If a call is made to Line 2 from inside the office on either Line 1 or 3, the line rings until it is answered.

Restoring the system from a 1 week old backup did not fix the problem.

Any ideas?
Partner ACS 6.0, 3 lines, Partner Mail VS 5.0

Cheers!

Have you tried switching Line 2 with one of the other lines to see if the problem follows the line?

Dan

Check to make sure the correct ports are assigned to Hunt Group #7 and that the voicemail is still functioning properly.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Thanks all for your comments and help.
If at first you don't succeed....turn off power...then turn on.

All seems well now.

Cheers!!

If the problems return, check the voicemail's hard drive.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Greetings,
This problem (Line 2 drops off after 2 rings) continues.
Here is my set up:

Avaya Partner ACS 5 Slot Carrier

Slot 1= Avaya Partner ACS 308EC R3.0; Exts 18, 19, 20 empty, 21 empty, 22, 23, 24, 25

Slot 2= Partner Mail VS R5.0 w/ Lucent Partner Mail 4 Port Extension Card

Slot 3= Avaya Partner ACS R6.0; 3 Lines connected, No Page, MOH YES, Ext 10-17; Avaya Partner Remote Access PC Card in slot1

Slot 4= EMPTY

Slot 5= EMPTY

308/ PVM(4port)/ACS R6.0/

18 / 24 / 10 /
19 / 25 / 11 /
20 / 26 / 12 /
21 / 27 (HG7) / 13 /
22 / 28 (HG7) / 14 /
23 / 29 (HG7) / 15 /
24 / 30 (HG7) / 16 /
25 / 31 (HG7) / 17 /

WHAT I WANT TO ACCOMPLISH:
1. Only have Line 2 answered. No other Lines.
2. Have Line 2 answered after 4 rings.
3. Answer with personal greeting with 5 options.
Option 1= Nothing, caller can listen and hang up.
Option 2= Push 1 and transfer to Voicemail ext 10
Option 3= Push 2 and transfer to Voicemail ext 11
Option 3= Push 3 and transfer to Voicemail ext 12
Option 4= Push 4 and transfer to Voicemail ext 13
Option 5 =Push 5 and forward call to phone number (xxx)xxx-xxxx

Can anyone help me with the programming of this?

Thank you.
CHEERS!!!

Thanks, but that was a typo.
Only 28-31 are HG 7, rechecked and confirmed.

Thank everyone...especially Brian, your website helped greatly!!

For the most part my system is working, though I have a nagging issue.
If a call is answered by AA and another call comes in, that second,third, etc call is answered by dead air until the original AA finishes.

How can I either have call 2 receive a busy signal, or answered by an AA message?

Thank you.

I understand that.
The problem is that while the AA is answering call#1 to line 2, call #2, instead of receiving a busy signal, gets answered by dead air. Each subsequent call is also answered by dead air until call#1 finally ends.

No, I'll start over...

I have 3 lines, 1, 2 and 3.
Lines 1 and 3 are not programmed for AA.
I'm having no issue with Lines 1 or 3.
Line 2 has AA after 4 rings.
If call comes in on Line 2 and not answered, after four rings AA answers with a custom message of approximately 35 seconds in length.
If a second caller places a call to Line 2 during the 35 seconds the first caller is listening to the recorded message, the second caller is answered immediately with dead air. This occurs with any subsequent caller to Line 2 until the original caller completes their call.

Paraphrasing, if 3 people call Line 2, 5 seconds apart, only 1 caller is greeted by a voice message. The other two callers are greeted by dead air.

I either want callers 2 and 3 to hear ringing or hear a busy signal......or get answered by AA with a recorded message.
I do not want callers 2 and 3 to be answered with dead air.

There's no way for the Partner system to answer more than one call per line. I'm guessing you have call services on line 2, so I'd have to assume there is some kind of voicemail setup on the line itself from the phone company that is answering with "dead air." If that's the case you'll need to resolve this problem with them.

Brian Cox
Oregon Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back