Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner AA not answering

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjdad

Technical User
Jan 11, 2002
US
Hello Guys,

I was called out to repair a 20 year old Partner system that had completely lost it's mind. I didn't know that until I got there.

Had to program everything from scratch and that was tough as it has been a LONG time since I worked on a Parter, I work mostly on IPO's now.

Anyway, here is the details...

Parter 6.0 Processor in the middle slot

308 module in the far left slot

VM Module in the second from left slot

The VM ports are 31 & 32, those are set to Hunt Group 7, and that part works as I can dial Intercom 777 and the VM picks up.

AA #1 still had the greetings and such on it, so that was good.

However, I can't get the AA to answer any of the three outside lines.

When an outside call comes in, ext 10 does a half ring, then the VM says the call is being transferred to the receptionist. Not sure where that message is coming from.

Then the calls start ringing on ext. 10.

I know I am missing a simple step, but not sure what.

Would it have to do with #307 VMS coverage.

What should I set the AA extension to be?

It's been a really long day and I am scratching my head here.

Any help is apprciated.

Thanks!

You have the wrong ports for Voicemail. In this configuration, slot 2 is Ext. 26 through 31, and if this is VS mail, 2 port, the VM ports are 30 and 31.

When you call Intercom 777, it tries 31, which answers, but the next call tries 32, which doesn't exist, so it hunts back to 31, and all seems fine.

But when an outside call comes in, Ext. 30 is receiving ring, answers, doesn't get mode codes, and not knowing what to do, "Transferring to Receptionist" and goes to Ext. 10

SO, add 30 to Hunt Group 7, and remove 32.

I made an excel spreadsheet where I just pick the module in each slot, the type of VM, and the number of licensed ports. It give a nice graphical representation of the port layout

jjdad_y8ze0g.jpg

TouchToneTommy

Thank you!

That was the problem. I had the wrong extensions assigned to the VM.

I was hitting a 12 hour work day and just couldn't think anymore.

The system is back up and running and the customer is happy.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back