Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner 5 slot carrier, cards seem to lose contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

telemarksman

Vendor
Dec 19, 2007
US
Ladies and Gentleman, my customer has a 5 slot carrier, 308 ACS processor, 2 308 ACS cards and a Partner Messaging ACS R1 card (with small 2 port Partner messaging card installed ).
Anyhow, the KSU is located on the North side of building, up in a small attic space with ventilation. The temperatures, now in the winter, fluctuate from probably 40 degrees overnight to 115 degrees on warm days.
It seems these contraction/expansions loosen up the cards, in particular slot 4 the Partner messaging card.
Is there some type of Di-electric grease I could apply to back plane and connector area on the cards to help prevent this problem, without damaging the System?

Thank you!!

alwayslearning

Move it out of the attic into a controlled environment,
Spec's call for low of 32 to 104F

some of the older 5-slots also have clips on the front to hold the cards in. I know the PACS itself won't go all the way in with the clip, but you can break the clip off the center slot and leave it on for the others so they stay in place.

All cables terminate into the attic. 24 Stations, COX T-1 etc.

alwayslearning

so move the partner and and run a 25 pair(s) feeder to the new location .

Putting it in the right environment will help it last longer and keep the client happy by not having to replace modules going bad from temperature extremes, and the problem you have now.

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back