Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partner 34D won't hangup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReidTel

Vendor
Jan 19, 2008
US
Hopefully someone has experienced this problem because it definitely has me scratching my head. The receptionist extension gets the off hook signaling from out of the blue. Each time she gets it one of the lines on her phone has the green in use led lit although she's not on the phone. She has to disconnect the line cord to release it. I was out and changed the phone in case it was a switch hook issue and also swapped her to a different port. No other phones in the office is experiencing it. System has also been powered down but failed to resolve it. After I left she sent pictures of the phone each time it's happened so that I could see the status indicators. What I did notice was that in each case L1 or L2 was in use by other staff. Although I'm thinking it's a processor issue, I don't want to invest in a replacement and I'm on the hook for that hunk of outdated circuitry if it doesn't fix it. Has anyone experienced this or have an idea that I haven't tried yet? Thanks for any advice you can throw my way.

Larry Reid
Reid Telesys Communications

Partner ACS?

Is the extension added in error to a hunt group? Using Copy Settings (#399) to reprogram the suspect extension to match a known good one might resolve any optioning issues. Before copying, note how the extension is set-up so final changes can be made if the problem is cleared. Backing up the system configuration to a PCMCIA card or internal memory (ACS R7 & R8) before starting is worth the effort.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

Got a sidekick or an ohm meter with a meg-ohm range? Disconnect the I/W at both ends and check for high-resistance short.

Dexman my mistake. I forgot to include that it's a Partner ACS R3. I will check the hunt group settings although everything had been working fine for years up until a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks Tommy. Unfortunately my meter doesn't have meg-ohm range. I'll check around to see if any of the tool rental shops have them. They're a little pricey to be used so infrequently.

I've got a couple of other things that I will try in an attempt to isolate the problem. Thanks guys.

Larry Reid

Maybe if you can find another I/W to feed the phone off of, just to eliminate a short that might be taking the station off hook

I may have to do that. Thanks again

Larry Reid

is there a headset involved?
is there a system hold timeout, transfer return or camp on timeout involved?
any unusual buttons pressed or lit on the console?
notice which other stations are in use at the time.
any new unexperienced end users?
does the display offer any clues?

just some thoughts.

Wireboy yes I checked most of those. The only common denominator is in each case lines 1 or 2 were in use. Thanks for the suggestions. I will be back to replace the processor with a different release that I recently disconnected to see if that resolves it. If it doesn't I may have a wiring issue.

Larry Reid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back