Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

partner 206ec swap for 206e: configure tip please 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

crie73

MIS
Dec 3, 2002
US
Hi; I have been assigned to install 2 206 cards in an existing partner system with 2 206e, so that caller id can be used.
Can you please advise the precise steps I must take to enable this feature. I am guessing it doesn't just pop to life!! Final question: they only have 12d phones out there, should I bring an 18d?
Thanks!
\Chris

Which processor? Partner Plus, Partner II, or Partner ACS?

CID doesn't work on Partner Plus, only Partner II and ACS.

The display of CID is automatic, and if you have an ACS you can add Call Log parameters that allow CID logging, extension/line association, and one station to show all numbers regardless of whether that station actually answered the incoming call (whereas the other stations only log the CID of the calls they answered themselves)

If you are using Auto Attendant to answer, set it to at least 2 rings, so that the CID info can be captured. If you have "live" answering, train your people not to be so efficient, wait for the 2nd ring before answering.

I beleive you need 206ec cards for caller id

the 12d phone is just fine for programing and cid display

I beleive you need 206ec cards for caller id

That's very true, but crie73 did mention it in the title of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back