Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partitions in Informatica

Status
Not open for further replies.

akotmaale

Programmer
Nov 5, 2003
DE
Hi,

I try to use range partition in my session. So I've added 4 partitions with start value and end value. And I've ran my workflow. I was surprised. I've got my data muliplied with 4. Funny. Then I found out, there is a possibilty to customize the query in the transformationa tab. So I've added a where condition which split my data into four. It works fine.

BUT it is the only way to use partitions. ??? First to add partition and then to customize sql-code.

akotmaale

The simple answer is NO. It defeats the very purpose of specifying the range values. To check if your Session is really parititioned open the log file and check the SQL generated for each parition and see if the Range values are effected.

Sri

Hi
I would suggest to go for "pass through" partition and change sql query of each partition adding a condition in WHERE clause as
ex.
Account_key between 1 and 1000000 (for partition 1)
Account_key between 1000001 and 2000000 (for partition 2)
Account_key between 2000001 and 3000000 (for partition 3)

and so on..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back