Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

partition problem 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeasa

Technical User
Dec 23, 2005
US
This is a G3 v9 when I try to do [ch ars ana part 7 1212] it reply's change ars analysis partition
"7" is an invalid idetifier.

I checked time of day 7 and PGN=7
My cor time of day is set to 7

This is a new partition being set up for different routes

disp ars a 1212

There should be a p"N" in the route pattern field

ch partition-route "N"

Add a new route-pattern for PGN 7.

I have done this in a G3 v6 it seems in the V9 it it different and the commands I know dont work. below are screen shots of what is there. I would type [ch ars ana part 7 1212] and ch route in that and make a new route for it. It is like I am missing something. I may not have setup all the links to creat a new partition.

cor10.jpg

disp1212.jpg

partro2.jpg

redphone is right. The part you are missing is the reference to the "partition-route table" in your ars table. Rather than having just a number in the "route pattern" field, you need to have a number that references which line in the partition route table.

So it would look like this

Dialed Route Call
String min max Pattern Type
1212 11 11 p1 fnpa

You then go to "change part 1" and enter the route you want the call to go to in column 7 (if it's for partition 7).

V9 does do it differently than a V6 would. It's suppose to be easier, but it always seemed more complicated to me. I think it just saved memory space really.

ok I got that now this is what happens ars wont let me enter a duplicate 1212 for another partition so i san direct calls from another station over a different route.

from some station i need 1212 to go to 1 route and from other stations to a different route

you only have ONE ARS table. you only need ONE entry for "1212" and you send it to a route pattern as stated above that is "pN" Command: <cha ars ana 1212>.
you go and change that Partition Route with <cha part N> and assign the route pattern for PGN 1 which would be all other stations with a COR that has TOD 1 assigned and on PGN 7, you'll put the other route pattern assigned for people who have a COR that had TOD 7 assigned.
That's how you partition it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back