Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

particle tutorials?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barok

MIS
Dec 13, 2002
CA
i noticed that particles is possibly one of the tutorialed topics in qb, and it's a shame. the only one i found was in a tut on typosoft...

does anyone else know of any good particle tutorials/programs?

What do you want to do with the particles?

gravitational attraction
relativistic characteristics
electromagnetic forces
singularities

There are programs out there, but most of them focus on only one of these

nothing yet. i just want to learn about the very basics. right now i'm finishing up palettes first: i'm making palette subroutines for qb, then i'm gonna upload it. (very fast, almost finished. rotating, greyscaling, fading (in and out), and stepfading (partially fading).) I never realized playing with the palette could be so much fun! not to mention that i think this will probably be one of the most complete and advanced palette routines in pure qb (even more than relgfx and har, heh heh... )

Barok, check QBXL. Either issue 2 or 3 has a nice tutorial on the fundamentals of particle systems.

yay! finally finished the palette program. you can download it at

i believe it is very useful, especially for the lazy programmer who doesn't want to do all that work of making palette routines. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.