Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partial Slow Motion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hello,

I'm using Premiere 6.0. What I am trying to do is import clips, and then play only one portion of that clip in slow motion, for cinematic effect.

Sure, I can change the duration or the play speed of the entire clip, but what I need to do is produce a slow motion effect for just one portion of the clip. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Twisted

put the clip on the timeline. scroll to the beginning of the section you want to slowmo. cut the clip using the razor tool. then go to the end of the section and cut there. you just basically created three separate clips. take the middle clip (your slowmo section) and change the speed to whatever you want. and your done

its not quite so easy... when you do slowmotion you are essentially expanding the clip.. so make sure to leave room on both sides, then fit the nose and tail clips around the newly slowmotion-ized clip.. peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back