Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partial FTP Access problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

minsterit

Vendor
Jun 2, 2003
GB
Hi folks

Hope someone can help me with this. I have a problem with FTP connectivity via ISA server. We're using the firewall client.

Access through explorer is ok, however some of the users need to use full FTP clients (cupeftp etc).

The ftp client will connect to the FTP server and log on correctly, but you cannot get a file listing, or any other interactive process. THe connection hangs and then times out.

I've read the FAQs and I'm now a little stumped, and ideas would be most helpful.

Thanks
Steve.

HI all,
I have almost the same even more!! FTP couldn't connect at all
I tried to use CuteFTP but it couldn't connect through ISA server!!!!!
also DOWNLOADING through like Download Accelator doesn't work !!!
what is our problem?

thanks
stay cool:)

I solved this problem by creating another packet filter.
Protocol: TCP
Inbound: dynamic
Outbound: All ports
Default IP address(es) on the external Interface(s)
All remote computers.

Note however that the clients have to connect in passive mode.

If that doesn`t help try this link:

Timo

If you do open all inbound ports in and out...doesn't that defeat the purpose of the packet filtering?

I have the same problem, with internal clients unable to use explorer to connect to external ftp sites. I have basically tries to every permutation including enabling all in and out ports, creating custom rules and filters, but I cannot connect to FTP sites from inside the ISA firewall. I can connect from the server itself to any FTP site, so I know it is the ISA server causing the problem.
Any ideas...it's really frustrating!

Garry Thompson

1. Install the Firwall Client on The PC's Needing Ftp Access Via Explorer.
2. Create a new protocol rule allowing,[ftp],[ftp download only], and [ftp server] and then apply this rule to your client set.

Nick

hi to all

i got the same trouble with the ftp.. my WS FTP is not at all connecting to the ftp sites via ISA server..

after cracking my head so much to retify this trouble.. finally i installed WS FTP on isa it self and now i m doing my upload and download from there..

Hi don't use FTP in PASV mode. create a ip packet filter to allow access to remote port 20. this is the data port that the server will listen on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back