Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partern II VS 4.1..........Night Service Rings 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2002
US
Our system is old enough that the internal battery no longer works so when the power goes out and the backup battery runs out, we loose all programming and have to start over. One thing I can figure out is why when we have the Night Service is running (activated by a button on station 10) why it still rings 3 full rings and a brief 4th ring and then the automated attendant picks up. I have set #117 to 1 ring, but I still get 3 rings. We use to have it set to ring one full ring then a brief 2nd ring.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Jim

#117 is VMS Coverage Rings, how long a call rings at an extension before covering to the extension's personal mailbox.

You are looking for VMS Hunt Delay, in #506, which has only 2 options
1 = Immediate, which is actually 2 rings (because you should wait for the Caller ID to arrive between the 1st and 2nd ring before answering.
2 = Delayed, which is 4 rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back