Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Partenr ACS calls not dropping 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2005
US
Callers who are placed on hold and hang up are not dropping the line.

I have checked the Dropped Calls values and I can not get the Partner to drop a call on hold were the caller has hung up.

Would it be my c/o that has to provide the line loss signal to the Partner? It use to drop the calls on hold not any longer.

Any suggestions?

Dave

sounds like the telco isnt sending the proper signaling .

I just went thru it with a new t1 install and it turned out they had he channel bank set up wrong .

I had this problem before. The dial tone provider might not be providing an open loop disconnect.

We had this problem with several of our Talk America customers. Yes, it can, and probably is the carrier.

Take an unused ext port, plug a single pair line cord into it. Plug the other end into a co line port. Set the ext port auto line select to intercom.
From another ext call the ext connected to a co line port. Answer the line, and put it on hold. From the original phone you dialed from, hang up. See if the call on hold disconnects. It should disconnect. if not, could be a system issue.

You do not always get what you pay for, but you never get what you do not pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back