Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Part of italic letter gets cut off with distributed text align 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

projecttoday

Programmer
Feb 28, 2004
US
Is there any way to prevent letters from getting cut off? When I use a text aligmnet of distributed with italics text the letter at the end of the text box is clipped on the side. If you make the text box bigger, the letters just spread out more. I could give each letter its own text box, but that's a lot of extra work. I like to use the distributed text for titles and headings.

I was going to suggest just putting a space at the end, but tried it and it didn't work. I tried others like chr(13), chr(10) but nothing seems to work (it 'works' but shows a square which represents the line feed/carriage return). If I put a period or other character it works fine, but you then see the character, which is dumb.

So in the end, since in italix the top-right portion of the last character is cut off, I put an apostrophe and although theoretically it displays, in italix it's cut off and the original word looks fine. Try that.

Funny.

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244. Basics at

centering the text will also work

HTH << MaZeWorX >> Remember amateurs built the ark - professionals built the Titanic [flush]

Yes I understand Ginger but centering italic text will also solve the same problem.

HTH << MaZeWorX >> Remember amateurs built the ark - professionals built the Titanic [flush]

But then it won't be 'distributed'. It can't be both centered and distributed at the same time.

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244. Basics at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back