Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Part of IE6 page not displayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

intrepide

Technical User
Nov 25, 2002
CA
I'm running win98SE on a Dell T600r. I have AVG antivirus, Spybot and SpywareBlaster running. Had to wipe the hard drive and reinstall everything from scratch. Everything is fine except for my IE6 browser (latest version) that does not want to display some graphics on web pages. Let's say I try to access the Macromedia main page, the two top boxes on the page have only the outline with that little logo, white box with the circle, triangle and square in the upper left corner. (I also get that on some other sites) Figured I had to download flash player, it did not help. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Thx 4 reply Carrr,

Tried all links, nothing seems to apply. Does it have anything to do with the fact that I don't get the red X box(as stated on the generation.net site) but rather the white box with the triangle, square and circle?

Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt, still doesn't work. Aaaarrgh...

I'm inching slowly in getting a Mac...

Anything else I can try ?

Thx !!!

What's the t-shirt look like? Can I get one?

Seriously...

Image problems can run a pretty huge gamut. Here's another take. Go to start > run and type in the following commands, one at a time:

regsvr32.exe /i shdocvw.dll

regsvr32.exe /i shdoc401.dll

Wait for confirmation after each one.

"'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds." - Malaclypse the Younger

T-shirt has Billy G. on it. Don't recommend you spend money on it...

Just tried something and the image appeared. Kinda weird.

Right clicked on the blank part, selected "Cached Snapshot of Page" and the image appeared with this at the top:

This is G o o g l e's cache of G o o g l e's cache is the snapshot that we took of the page as we crawled the web.
The page may have changed since that time. Click here for the current page without highlighting.

What give's ?

Have you cleared your cache lately? (i.e. deleted temp internet files, flushed history, etc.?)

"'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds." - Malaclypse the Younger

Just to clear through the possibilities, you DID go to Windows Update, right?

Did the update, cleared everything, no go. The other thing I just noticed is that it won't run any flash animations. Did the download but after I download, nothing happens. It should at least ask me to restart but, nothing. Zip. Nada.

After 3 day's, I'm almost at the point of throwing the towel...

Just downloaded "flashplayer7_winax" It say's installation completed but still can't run Flash

This mostly for Carrr and RoninBK. I found out what the problem was. It's about 12 inches in front of my monitor. I had installed spywareblaster and had forgotten that I had checked the box that blocked all Flash animation. Sorry guys, really.

Your eyes are only 12 inches from your monitor? No wonder you get "brain fade"! <grin>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back