Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parser error

Status
Not open for further replies.

user2

Technical User
Aug 10, 2001
US
When I load my file locally , I get this error message What is wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'chapter4.calendar'.

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="calendar.aspx.vb" Inherits="chapter4.calendar"%>
Line 2: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
Line 3: <HTML>

Did you forget to compile the code-behind class? Using Visual Studio, you can always make sure you did by using the "Ctrl-F5" ("run without debugging") to compile and view the web app.

HTH

Thank you for your response, Atually I am trying to open it locally because I am not sure How to open it from web, it cannot find it.

The errors are:
Frontpage has detected web server conflict on port 80 which has server extentions for Frontpage Personal web server but is running a microsioft IIS/5.1 server. Frontpage requires that you install the frontpage server extentions on this new server before using it.
When I go looking for help on this it says cannot find c:\program files\commonfiles\microsoft shared\web server extentions\40\bin\fpnetwrk.hlp.net file

I am not sure what I am doing .
This file was seen on IS before , now it does not show.
I have visual studio 2002

Thanks Again appreciate your help

I just had this exact error, and here is what my problem was...

Check your "bin" directory for any library that is in the GAC. If you have one in the GAC, remove it from bin. Same thing with anything from COM+.

Then, delete the Temporary ASP .NET files from your Windows\Microsoft.NET....folder that correspond to the project.

If you had to make any GAC changes, do an "iisreset" from cmd to make sure they are replaced in the cache properly.

Simply removing those extra items cleared the problem up for me. It took me awhile working with a Microsoft rep to get this following paraphrased line from them: "having a GAC library in the Bin directory is an "unsupported scenario".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back