Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PARNUM 90

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince62s

Technical User
Nov 8, 2003
FR

the ASPAC PARNUM say 8 = number of external line in a conference.

how can we have a conference call with 8 outside line.
is this only outgoing calls or can it be incoming calls?
thanks

Hi Vince

It could be incoming or outgoing calls.But regarding ALEX " the number of external participant in conference call set by SY-command".
SYDAP; will show you number of Trunks in conference, if you want to change it :
SYDAS:NTC=X;

MDADMIN

I understand that.

but how can I set up an extension that could be used as a phone number called by outside lines to be in conference?

what is the procedure to have these 8 people in conference?

cheers

Description of parnum 90:
The parameter states maximum number of participants in a conference call. (Maximum number of participants in an emergency conference is always 8.)

The maximum number of external participants in a conference call is set by SY-command.

Hi
I think you want to know the procedure to add external lines into conference .
One extension must first dial one external member , park this call , dial a new member , then press CONF buttob which becomes active as one of the 4 keys under the display. To add more , pls park this member and dial the 2 member . When answer , push CONF again.
This is done until the max limit of 8 is reached.

Hope this is what you wanted to know .

vince,
if I remember correctly, you can initiate an extension as an alarm extension (SPEXI:DIR=xxx,OPT=E). if you have multiple lines that call this extension, they will be in conference.

greetings,

We should make clear the difference between Conferencecall and Emergencycall. In conf I will decide, who should to be in the conf. If I´m defined as emergency-ext., then for the first caller my phone is ringing and the next caller, who is dialing my number, is directly connected. But maybe this option can be used as a kind of conferenceserver: One ext will be defined with calalt6 (or even a ext with itype0 and calalt6 without phone) and in a certain time all Conf-User will dial this number. In this case you have no conf-leader but a conference. Good idea... I will test this. Maybe I have discovered a new feature...

larl,

this is what I need.

let me know your test and give a step by step procedure if it works.

thanks a lot.

Hi all:
Just a reminder from Alex:
"Accessibility to the conference and intrusion facilities decrease when an alarm extension is initiated. For each alarm extension are reserved 8 of the LIM's total number of conference/ intrusion possibilities which are 32 per LIM. "

Experience it, there is no substitute.
RemoveThisJazayeri@kiasagroup.com

Hy all

VERY VERY URGENT - PLEASE HELP ME WITHIN 1 HOUR ! THX

Situation: Want to set a conference call with more than 3 external parties.

Problem: Can establish second external call, but i don't have the softkey "CONF" on the display on the 3213 available

System: VERSION: CXP1010031/3/BC11SP8/R4A

Always checked: I can establish a internal conference call with 8 callers. Softkey is avaible - well, no problems.

C Ya soon
goa999
Sonic.gif

thx for all answers and sorry for my bad english ;-)

you dont need a soft key
just press "3" while the 2 calls are on

Hello,
SPEECH-INQUIRY-NEXT PARTY-3
If it doesn't work you need patch 92184 for KLP1T to permit conference with key "3"

Hello Vince and PetrNik

Thx for your quickly reponses ! Much better than the official support ;-) i'm joking !

Well, i've checked any possibilitys.

If i call any external number => OK
then, i press access 2 to etablish an other external call => OK
then, i've pressed 3 for conferncing => failed
try to press button "CONF" => doesn't exist !

Other test:
An external party CALL ME
then, i press access 2 for calling an other external party
then, hold access 2 stand-by (music sounds ;-), go back to access 1 and then i've saw finally the softkey "CONF" !!!
i ca add another party until 7 callers - that rulez guys !

But, the button 3 doesn't works still not yet.
Well, for me with the old Dialog 3213 Phones there's no problem, but nevertheless strange !

Anyway, thanks very much for your professional help.

C Ya soon
goa999
Sonic.gif

Hello,
As far I understand "CONF" appears on displey when phone is in SPEECH mode with second party. Try conferencing with internal parties. Is it OK? May be problem is in route parameters? You should check this.

pls check:
PARNUM=22,PARVAL=3
if not, then set

goa99
How look printout of command SYDAP;

Number of trunks in conference ?

You can set max 8 trunk by command
SYDAS:NTC=8;

@rfpui

Hy. Here the printout of command SYDAB

TRANSFER BEFORE ANSWER = PERMITTED
DIVERSION PRIORITY = DIRECT DIVERSION/FOLLOW ME
NUMBER OF TRUNKS IN CONFERENCE = 8
CONFERENCE RELEASE OPTION = RELEASE CLEARING PARTY
STANDARD PAGING = MEET ME
PAGING JOB = SEVERAL MISSIONS

@DUFQI

I've checked PARNUM=22,PARVAL=3 - it was always ok

What you think about that ?
Thanks in advance for your help guys

C Ya soon
goa999
dess20.gif

Hi'
the missing conf in the dts, if the outgoing trunks has call metering characteristic ( serv d4=1 ) then there is no conf key in the dts ( ski24 )at outgoing call.

@mundus

Hello
Thank you for your information, but can you give me more details about the dts please ? Unfortunately, my knowledge is not very well about the MD Telephone System ;-)

Thank in advance for more details !

C Ya soon
goa999
dess20.gif

Hi again, if you have a idle key at the dts, then you can make conf key by:
KSFKC:DIR= ,KEY= ,FCN=CNF;
and use this instead of thr softkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back