Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parked callers can speak to one another

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoneguy15

Vendor
Apr 23, 2002
US
Have a strange issue that a customer has presented.
IP Office R9.1.9 They have PRI service.
They have 4 extensions in the Main HG that all calls route to. They have 4 Call Park slots (Park 1, Park 2, etc) shared and programmed on buttons on all 4 of the HG member phones.
When they were very busy yesterday morning, they had some callers that stated they were able to speak with other callers while they were on Park. It's not every caller that is placed on Park though.
I have not yet been able to duplicate this but will be trying again tomorrow morning when they have a large call volume again.
It's very disturbing for them since this is a doctors office and there could be some HIPAA compliance issues.

Has anyone else had anything similar happen before?

If you answer the first call on the first intercom button ,then answer a second call on the next intercom button the first call goes on hold against the first intercom button.
If you then press transfer then the two calls will be transferred to each other.

It's happened to me on some sites.

They would be better parking the first call before answering the 2nd call.

This is a stand alone site.
They do not appear to be transfering the calls. They are placing them in a Park slot, handling another call then pick the caller up from Park.
When they pick them back up off of park the caller tells them that they were just speaking with another caller.

Have also had crosstalk on PRI, had one hell of a time proving it though :)

Let me ask you this, is you music on hold source external? and if it is make sure it is connected to a music source

Yes, there is a custom external Message on Hold and I have verified that it is working correctly.
I will be doing some test calls Friday morning to see if I can talk to anyone on Park and will report my findings.

I had a situation like this and it was resolved by checking Reserve Last CA (User - Telephony - Multi Line Options)for the Receptionist's set. This way she had an appearance key that was reserved and always available to initiate a transfer. When she got really busy she was inadvertently transferring an incoming call to another incoming call because she didn't have a dedicated appearance key. Enabling Reserve Last CA eliminated the problem.

This has been seen before on tek-tipe. Think the solution was a cp.have a look for the thread.

Not as good as the 'my ip office has started talking/ making alarm sounds.'
Dozens of control units were pillaged to see if Avaya had started including microphones on the cpu.

Your master wishes to see you in the pit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back