Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Park Pickup Across TIE Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

buttercool

IS-IT--Management
Mar 22, 2018
US
Hi Folks,

Had a question about park pickup across TIE lines (PRI set up for DMS100). In my setup there's a Cisco CM tied to an Opt 11c where there are 5 park slots defined (11c park slots: 2300-2304). On the 11c parking works as expected with calls being parked from 2616 digital phones, and picked up from any other phone (on the 11c) by dialing the 230X park slot displayed.

From the perspective of the TIE lines, everything is working perfectly as well (except for park) -- I can 4 digit dial from the 11c to the Cisco CM extensions via DSCs and can dial 11c extensions from the Cisco CM (via CM routes pointing at a gateway that connects the PRI to the 11c), there's also working caller ID, and outside call tandem'ing thru the Cisco CM SIP trunks to the outside world.

The issue I'm facing is that I'm unable to successfully retrieve the calls parked on the 11c from my Cisco CM extensions despite having the appropriate routes set up. I also checked the RCLS on the ROUT for the TIE lines and it's set to INT (used to be EXT, but it makes no difference for the park functionality from what I've found).

So, in short here's how it plays out:
- 11c Phone receives a call (in this case from another 2616 on the 11c)
- 11c Phone parks call
- 11c places call into park slot 230X
- Cisco CM user picks up phone and dials 230X
- Cisco CM user receives busy tone :(
- Meanwhile, another 11c user can dial the 230X number and retrieve the call successfully

I've run the Dialed Number Analyzer on the Cisco side for 230X and the calls are being routed correctly, and I can also see them traversing the PRI gateway so it appears that the 11c is rejecting calls to the park slots over the TIE lines/channels.

Is what I'm doing even possible from the perspective of the Meridian 11c, or is rejection of calls to park slots over TIE lines by-design?

As always, any and all help is much appreciated :)

Thanks,
bc

I think you are going to have to use the SPRE code to pick up the parked call but my assumption is it isn't going to work that way either because of the PRI set up

So to answer the question, no, it's not possible with your configuration. Possibly Nortel to Nortel but not this way.

Hi KCFLHRC thank you for confirming my suspicion, and the SPRE recommendation.

Given your feedback, I ended up keeping all the call park slots resident on the Cisco CM, and added a DSC on the 11c with the SPRE (or in Cisco Terms 'Directed Call Park Retrieval Prefix') of 21XXXX so now I can Directed Call park (from a Cisco phone) to a slot like 222X and then pick up up from either a Cisco, Meridian, or Analog phone via 21-222X which is excellent and easy to use since its consistent across all the types of endpoints.

The only piece I have yet to figure out (ie more time digging thru the input/output guide) is how to enable unsupervised/cold/blind transfers to the Cisco Park slots from the Meridian phones. I can get the transfer initiated (and see the Park Slot light up red/busy on a Cisco phone with a DCP BLF Button), but I am unable to hit the Transfer button a second time on the 2616 to complete the transfer which should allow the park slot to seize the call. The SIP trunk terminating the PRI to the Cisco CM has all the right CSS assignments inbound so it should be able to hit the partition with the Directed Call Park slots for a transfer -- especially since it's able to pick up call from the slots with no problem as well.

My thought is it's something wrong with either the phone CLS or Key type assigned to the transfer button, the 2616 I'm using to test has a CLS that looks like below... Meanwhile,I'm off to search thru all the ones ending in 'D' to see which one could be preventing the blind transfer...

CLS UNR FBD WTA LPR MTA FND HTA ADD HFA
MWA LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD SLKD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDD CFXD ARHD FITD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAIA BUZZ
AHA DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND FLXD FTTU DNDY DNO3 MCBN
CPND_LANG ENG

Key:
KEY
14 TRN​

Thanks again for all the help. My goal here it to get the two systems working as one from the user perspective, and this looks to be the last piece :)

Answering my own question... :)

In as described by KE407122:

Customer Data Block.

1. CDB - LD 15
EXTT (NO) YES (Prevent) Allow connection of supervised external trunks via either call transfer or conference.

TRNX (NO) YES (Prevent) Allow Transfer on ringing of supervised external trunks across the network.

The requirement to change was caused within the Trunk Data Block where SUPN is set to YES.

2. LD 14 Trunk Data Block

SUPN (NO) YES Answer and Disconnect Supervision Required​

Sadly looks like I'm still unable to park the call from the Meridian 2616 phone despite adjusting the Meridian transfer while ringing behavior. The transfer from the 2616 to the Cisco park slot appears to complete successfully but when I call 21XXXX to pick up the call, from either a Cisco CM or Meridian phone, I get a busy signal (instead of being connected to the parked call as expected)...

I'll have to keep working at this.

You could try changing CFXD in CLS to CFXA and see if that works. That is call forward external allow/deny

Cool, I've made the change CFXA change on my 2616 and I'll be able to test in a few minutes to see if that allows the parked call to complete successfully.

Interestingly, ever since I changed TRNX to YES transfers of a call from a Cisco CM phone -> M1 Phone -> Another Cisco CM Phone, and all the other permutations of that combination (CM->M1->M1, OUTSIDE->CM->M1->CM) work correctly, in that I can now complete the transfer prior to the other party answering, but transferring to a Cisco park slot still fails.

Additional digging thru Google led to this enlightening post ( the last post from sstieferman specifically ) in Cisco's Community:
I don't have package 306 / CPRKNET so that might be a no-go anyway...​

I'll post back with any developments... Thanks again for all the help!

bc

Changing to CFXA unfortunately did not make a difference.

However, I was able to figure out another (albeit janky) means to be able to park calls from the Meridian phones to the Cisco Directed Park slots.

What I did was set up 2 Cisco Unity System Call Handlers:
1) Park to 222x via 522x (this one 'owns' the 522x pilot number, and directs the call to the #2 CH described below)
2) Transfer to 222x (this one actually answers the call for a split second, and transfers it directly via a transfer rule to the 222x park slot extension)​

In turn, this has addressed the need to be able to park calls since I can now:
- Park calls from any Cisco or Analog phone (DCP BLF key, or transfer to 222x or 522x from an Analog or Cisco phone) into a Cisco Park Slot
- Pickup calls from any Cisco, Analog, or Meridian phone via 21-222x
- Park calls from any Meridian phone to a Cisco Park Slot via transfer to 522x​

Depending on how I like this 'solution' in the next few weeks of use, I may do some trickery on the 222x strings leaving the Meridian and entering the Cisco PRI gateway, where I could convert the first digit to a 5 and pass it along to Unity (eliminating the unique 522x parking codes for the Meridian, everyone would just transfer to 222x to park).

Thanks for all the help on this!
bc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back