Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Park issue on a MICS 6.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiremonkey01

Technical User
Jan 6, 2005
US
I looked through the FAQs but couldn't find anything on this problem so thought I'd ask in the forum.

Does anyone know if there is a known issue with 6.1 and the park feature? At one of our clinics we have had two different stations at different times have the same issue of not being able to pick up a parked call. The user will access the intercom, obtain IC DT and start to dial the park code for a call, after the first digit they receive a fast busy. I assumed the caller on the parked call just hung up the first couple of times or the user was misdialing but after testing the phone myself I found that was not the case. The weird thing about the issue is that it will just stop happening after a while and the phone will start work correctly again. If anyone knows or heard of this issue before I would sure appreciate any advice you could offer?

ps. the model of phone was a T7208 and a T7316e.

Yes, there is a bug with parking calls on 6.1, although I have not heard it described in those terms. It usually has to do with a 1 (the call park prefix) getting stuck on the displays of phones.

6.1MR solved the problem. Do you know which 6.1 version you have?

No, I'm not sure which version, I'd have to make a trip out to the clinic to check the hardware. Under Maintenance-System version it gives a 30CQG05 number if that tells you.

Thanks Serenitynow109 and bkrike, I've emailed my vendor to see what we can do to get all of our MICS 6.1 systems up to release MR or higher.

Thank you again guys.

Russ

The one you show does have issues the newer version is G10 I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back