Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Park and page across server edition with 30 expansions

Status
Not open for further replies.

d00ner62

Technical User
Nov 15, 2011
CA
I have a customer with 30 sites and they all use to use park on their cs1k. It would park a call on 79xx. It would go up consecutively even if the first slot was empty. I guess this gets around someone parking a call at one branch, the customer hangs up, another branch parks the call and the first branch goes to unpark but un parks the second branches parked call because the ip office always starts at the first available slot.

They are complaining about branches cgetting other branches parked calls and I assume it is because of the above mentioned scenario. But my question is, "is the park feature and slot allotment supported by the entire solution"?

if I use 79XX as my park range on every system, which I did, does the whole solution recognize that there is a call in slot 7900 and then take the next one, 7901 for other parked calls? or is each expansion parking on 7900 each time?

The answer is within your explanation what happens.

What I am asking is, is my 79XX a GLOBAL parking lot for calls? or do i essentially have 30 different 79XX parking slots all completely independant of eachother?

Well you discovered that using the same park slots across the SCN results in users in different locations unpark calls from another locations.

That is clearly your answer : yes park slots are system wide.

so just give each site it's own unique park slot number and problem solved

Yah Joe, thats what I was thinking ughhh 30 locations ill burn up 300 spots of a dial plan lol.

And intrigant, I was just asking if it was supported. Or if the design was flawed. But thank you for your input.

I will build out 30 seperate 770X 771X.....780X 781X....790X 791XX etc.....

Thanks eeryone.

Park slot numbers have been shared across the network since IP Office 9.0 so not anything new (admittedly I had to consult a colleague to confirm that as its not clearly stated anywhere in the manuals that I could find).

The 'Central Park Range' setting on each system just sets which slot IDs that system will automatically use for its park and page operation. They still come from same pool so can be accessed with other park/unpark functions from anywhere in the network (system A can use range X..Z and local users on that system can be given Park buttons for X...Z but users on other systems aren't prevented from accessing X..Z if wanted/if they want).

The missing recommendation (unless somewhere in the docs that I couldn't find) which you've now found is that the 'Central Park Range' on each system shouldn't overlap with that of another system.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

no it won't each site for action data make unique, so site a uses park 1 and 2, under action data put 1 and 2, so for 30 sites you will be using 60 park slots and that's why copy and paste is for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back