Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paremeter list

Status
Not open for further replies.

teachmecr

Programmer
Oct 1, 2006
US
My parameter list doesn't display all the values that exist in the table. Any suggestion what could be the problem. But when i type in a value that is not displayed by the parameter the report gets generated which is fine but i want all the value to appear in my parameter list so user can choose from it. thanks

What version of crystal? You should never ask a question without this info.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If the phone doesn't ring, it's me".....Jimmy Buffet

Try a formula of :

join({?MyParameter},",")

This assumes that it's a string type parameter.

Numerics require a loop to store them, as in:

whileprintingrecordsa;
stringvar output;
numbervar x;
for x := 1 to ubound({?MyParameter}) do(
output := output & totext({?MyParameter},0,"")
);
Output

Note that the 0,"" are the number of decimals and the thousands seperator within the totext function.

-k

A dynamic list of parameter names, based on a database field, is not available until crystal XI. You can build a static list, but the number of records it will read is limited by a registry key in Crystal 9 and 10.

If you are comfortable editing the registry, look for a key called QPMaxLOVSize (if I recall correctly) and increase it, then use it to build your static list.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If the phone doesn't ring, it's me".....Jimmy Buffet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back