Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameters stop at 50 records

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockoko

Programmer
Mar 18, 2003
CA
I'm using ASP and the interactive viewer for my report. They are using parameters and there is my problem. The parameter only shows the first 50 records and they stop there. There is about 550 records that won't appear in the parameter pick list. If somebody has a solution for this please tell me. Is there something that is set somewhere to tell him to stop at 50 or is it a problem for the viewer??

Thanx rockoko

I forget to mention that I am running the RAS version of CE9 and ePortfolioLite (see above threads for continued frustrations). There is no Preferences Link in ePortfolioLite (I could be missing it since I changed the default home page). So assuming ActiveXViewer is supported under ePortfolioLite, how can I direct my users to download it and use it?

I'm afraid I do not know the answer to your question sbdavis. I had this problem with CE 9 and was looking for an answer - this is what I found.

I would recommend that you upgrade to get the full feature set available for this product. I'm sure this is something that you do not want to do for various reasons, but it depends upon how heavily you want to use CR/CE as your reporting engine.

Perhaps CD can help you...but they certainly weren't very helpful to me when I called.

Count me in on problems with the pick list. We are implementing using CE Standard. It too will not let me set the preferences to use Active X. In order to do this I had to change the csp code under the guidance of Crystal Technical support. Basically it I hard coded it so all the users had to use Active X. My problem with Active X is that I can not allow the users to continue to run the current CR7 system and try the new CR9 reports at the same time - the two viewers CRviewer 7 and CRviewer 9 can not be installed at once. Also this caused headaches in getting the viewers installed on the users pc's- they do not have admin priv. which prevents the viewer from installing. We could push this out with landdesk but it is a pain getting others involved everythime there is a fix to the active x viewer. DHTML is definately easier for these reasons- but limiting the pick list is BS. So if anyone else comes by a good idea or solution- I woud love to hear it...

the 'fix' from support...
on the server where CE is installed
locate reportviewer.csp
make a backup copy of if- just in case
in this file locate the function getviewer
it should appear-->
//get viewer from cookies
vwr=GETSubCookie("ePortfolio_prefs:"vwr");
if (vwr == " ")
vwr = def_vwr
else
vwr = number(vwr);

now change the last line to be
vwr = number(0);

save it and try again- this should force it to Active X.
good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back