Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameters <> Table Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmwcalum98

Programmer
May 1, 2002
US
I am creating a report in which a parameter will pass a Yes or No value. However, that is not the value in the table. The value to be analyzed is a date. For example, if the parameter Value is Y, then I need to retrieve all records with a Date greater than or equal to the SYSDATE. Somehow this date must be equated to a Y or N value. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how this subquery should be incorporated into the main query? Should it be in the Select statement or the where clause? I appreciate any tips. Thanks.

You can use lexical parameters in your where clause. The value for this lexical parameter can be set in the after parameter form trigger depending on the parameter value Y or N. If u require further details regarding lexical parameters u can also see reports help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back