Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameters in crystal reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldieswan

Technical User
Mar 15, 2002
NO
As the newbee of newbees concerning CR I have one question. How do I make CR ask for parameters befor displaying the report?

I'm using VS.net

Create a parameter field and simply place the parameter field on the report.

I too am a newbee - I've never seen CR until yesterday. I have tried adding a parameter and then using that parameter in the report's recordsource. The parameter is displayed when the report is opened, but all records are displayed anyway.

How can I get only the records filtered out by the parameter?

Thanks, Megan

OK.
I'll answer my own question incase anyone else is at my elementary level with CR...
You have to set the parameter at the group instead of the record level in the Report - Select Expert.
-Megan

You do not need to do this at the group level you can use either group or record level.

Also, using a record or group selection formula rather than the select expert gives you a lot more options. Software Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgillz@juno.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back