Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameters in Crystal 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

AyJayEL

Technical User
Jan 30, 2001
GB
We have just changed over to Crystal 8 and we now find that when we create a paremeter field we can only see the A - Cs of our list of schools. I can't seem to get any more in the list and therefore the end users can't pick them. Is there something new we need to do now? Learn something new every day *:->*

Hi,
I think there's a maximum number(more or less 500) of default values that you can pick in a parameter. I doubt there's a way to add more, but if it's possible, i would like to know too.

Actually Martin I have just found out myself how to do it! Here is what I've got. See for the full story

32 - bit SCR Users

WARNING============

The Windows registry stores configuration data that is crucial to the operation of the Windows operating system. Only people experienced with using the Windows registry should undertake the following steps. Do NOT modify the registry if any of these steps are confusing to you.

=====================

To access the BrowseTimeOut and MaxNBrowseValues items in the registry:

1. Close Crystal Reports (SCR). This ensures the following changes are saved.

2. In Windows 9x/NT, go to 'Start' then click 'Run'.

3. Type 'Regedit' (no quotes), then click 'OK'. This opens the Registry Editor.

4. Drill down as shown below.

· If you have 32-bit version 5 of SCR, drill-down to following registry subkey:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Crystal Software\Crystal Reports\DatabaseServer

· If you have a 32-bit version 6, 7, or 8 of SCR, drill-down to following registry
subkey:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Seagate Software\Crystal Reports\ DatabaseServer

5. To change how long SCR browses the data in your database:

· Double-click the BrowseTimeout item. This opens the 'Edit DWORD Value' dialog box.

· In the 'Base' section, select 'Decimal'

· In the 'Value Data' box, type in the maximum number of seconds you SCR to spend reading your database before stopping and displaying all unique values it found. Entering zero disables the timeout option.

· Click OK to save the change.

6. To change how many records SCR browses in your database:

· Double-click the MaxNBrowseValues item. This opens the 'Edit DWORD Value' dialog box.

· In the 'Base' section, select 'Decimal'.

· In the Value Data box, type in the maximum number of records you want SCR to read before stopping and displaying all unique values it found. Entering zero selects all records

· Click OK to save the change.

7. On the 'Registry' menu click 'Exit'

8. Restart Windows.

The next time you re-open Crystal Reports, these changes will be in effect.
Learn something new every day *:->*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back