Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameters and Templates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibee

Technical User
Sep 30, 2003
AU
Hi there

I am working in Crystal 10.

I have built a template that has a parameter in it. The purpose of the paramter is so the user can enter their name as they run the report and it will be printed on the page.

This is a requirement for ALL reports I design and is why i need the template to have the parameter in it.

When i apply the template the Parameter does not come with it.

Has anyone managed to do this or have any ideas?

Thanks

K

What I've always done is have a set of basic reports that I call 'templates'. When I need a new report, I start from the best of these and use 'Save As' to get the new report. This works fine, including parameters.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK) [yinyang]

Hi there

Thanks for that Madawc but unfortunately a large number of reprots have already been developed and i need to go back and apply the templpates to them. As a result i need the parameters to travel with the templates.

Any othe thoughts form anyone. I really need to get htis done and i have tried putting the parameter in a formula to see if that would work and also in a text object but no luck.

Would appreciate any help

thanks

K

Have you tried [Search] to see what's already posted?

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK) [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back