Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul1981

IS-IT--Management
Jun 30, 2006
GB
Hi,

I have a gender field, and have created a parameter where the user enters "male" or "female".

Is there a way to have a drop down box from this field? and allow the user to select "male", "female" or "either". Of course "either" returning both.

Right-click on the parameter, edit, default values. You can put as many as you like and they will be shown at parameter selection.

It helps to give your Crystal version, but this function is the same for 8.5 and 10, probably for other versions also.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Thanks

Sorry, Its version XI, but that works.

Bu how do I now associate "either" to find all records?

Hi,
In your record selection formula use something like:
Code:
If {?param} = 'either'
 then
True
else 
If {?param} = 'male' 
then
{table.genderfield} = 'M' else
if {?param} = 'female' 
then
{table.genderfield} = 'F'

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Hi,

Thank you, that works a treat. I will try and give more info next time :)

My next challenge is to have one bar chart, where the axes are variable. IE the user selects the two data fields to show the results they require.... not even sure its possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back