Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameter Record Selection for Subreports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiteKnight2K

Technical User
Dec 30, 2002
CA
Hello once again...last question for today I promise.
Here's my problem, I have a report, the main report has 2 Details sections, each Details section containing a subreport. I have two parameter fields in the main report, StartYear and EndYear. I also have a Record Select in the Select Expert to select records based on these parameters. Here's my dilemma...the parameters I enter in the main report seem to have no impact on the record selections of the subreports. Therefore, the only way it seems to work is if I have Four separate parameter fields (2 for each subreport for StartYear and EndYear) There must be someway to have the user enter the StartYear and EndYear once and have these values affect record selections in the subreports?

Again, any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

No need to answer...i was wondering why I couldnt select the field in the subreport to link to. I had to use the Date() function on my database.date field for some reason, and then it was available in the list.

Create the parameters in each of the subreports and use them in the record selection formula for each subreport. Then in the main report go to edit->subreport links->move the main report parameter {?StartYear} to the right and in the bottom left, use the dropdown to select the subreport {?StartYear} from the list (NOT {?pm-?StartYear}. Repeat for {?EndYear}. Then repeat again for the second subreport.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back