Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameter query

Status
Not open for further replies.

rowan1

Technical User
Mar 26, 2002
ES
I am making a query based on an invoice form that will give me the sum of individual products sold for a given period. On opening you are promted to give the name of the product you want info for, the problem is that I have to give the Product ID instead of the Product name, otherwise the query returns nil.¿ Could the problem be something to do with the Combo box, and what can I do about it?

Hi
Does your combo box have two columns?

Normal way to do this is to have two column combo, firts column is ProductId, second Column, Description, you set width of fist column to zero, so user does not see the Id, but the value of the combo, is the id ratehr than the description Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

Ken,

Thanks for the reply, but perhaps I did not explain myself clearly. The combo box on the form works perfectly. The first column is set to nought and you just see the description.
My problem is with the query and I don`t know how to hide the ID and see description here

In the Query design, in the gird under the ID field, just UNCHECK the box and it will not show up in the query result.

I hope this is what you are looking for.

If not, explain further.

Richard in Tulsa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back