Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

parameter query asks for parameters twice 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeroi

Technical User
Jun 5, 2000
US
I have several parameter queries which initially worked fine, but have recently for no apparent reason (at least not apparent to me!) begun to prompt me for parameter information twice before they will display the results.

Is there a simple explanation/fix for this?

Thanks,

Lee

Can you post query here?

Mike Pastore

Hats off to (Roy) Harper

I'm not sure why, but when I reordered the sequence of parameter fields in the query design, the problem went away.

Strange!

"The more I know, the more I know I don't know"

I have had this problem also. Here is what I do to fix it.
Let's say I have a table with lname, fname, city, state. I want to have a query that finds all lnames from a state, and another that finds all fnames from a state. So I create the queries with [What State] as the parameter in both. Now when I run the lname query it asks "What State" twice, same if I run the fname query, but if I change "What State" in either of them to something like "Which State", leaving the other query alone, then it only askes me once.
I am far from an Access expert, and there are probably a lot more elegant ways to fix this, but it works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back