Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameter Passing with VBA and Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikem1260

Programmer
Apr 19, 2006
US
There are some places in my project where I need to pass parameters to Access queries that feed Access reports, and don't want the user to have to punch in data.

1. I want to feed data from the VBA form to a snapshot that is to be E-mailed. I have the primary key field, called ID, on the form, and this would be used to choose the record. My Code:

Code:
Private Sub cmdMail_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_cmdMail_Click

Dim stDocName As String

stDocName = "tblMainData"
    DoCmd.SendObject acReport, stDocName, acFormatSNP, "<email adress>", , , "New Question"

Exit_cmdMail_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_cmdMail_Click:
    MsgBox (Str(Err.Number) + " " + Err.Description)
    Resume Exit_cmdMail_Click

End Sub

2. I want the user to be able choose a date range for some other reports. I have the date parameters built into the queries. What I'd like to do is put a couple of date fields onto a form and automatically pass these values to the query parameters.

3. I want the users to be able to pull up records that they or another specific user have entered. I tried to use a multi-column combo box, but couldn't get it to recognize my choice. I looked for a grid to populate, but couldn't find one for which I wouldn't have to buy a license. I tried populating a similar form with nav buttons, this worked, but the manager wants something more intuitive. This would be keyed off the user's name.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Have your queries reading the parameters from the form(s).

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

There's the crux of my problem: How does one do that? I'm a little rusty at Access and VBA.

Mike

The light at the end of the tunnel is only a train 85% of the time.

The basic way, in the criteria cell of a date field in the query grid:
Between [Forms]![name of open parameter mainform]![name of start date control] And [Forms]![name of open parameter mainform]![name of end date control]

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back