Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameter passing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil111

Programmer
Oct 16, 2002
GB
After discovering and using the paramter passing on the query string, I used the following URL:

And it works fine.
I have two questions regarding this:

1) Can I define a selection formula on any column (even ones that aren't included in the report). And if now, how can I include them in the report without displaying them?

2) How can I use a form to submit the details to the report. (When I tried the sf field became URL Encoded and messed up).

Regards,
Neil

1) Can I define a selection formula on any column (even ones that aren't included in the report). And if now, how can I include them in the report without displaying them?

No.

If the report has a column but it isn't displayed, then you can do this because it is in the report.

2) How can I use a form to submit the details to the report. (When I tried the sf field became URL Encoded and messed up).

Consider using CSP.

The WEB Developers Guide included with CE (left side of the initial default CE screen) is loaded with CSP examples of how to pass parms and plenty of other features.

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

Thanks for your answers, but I figured out that passing the parameters on the Query string is not a good enough solution.
I downloaded the ASP tutorials and sample code and am currently looking at using serverside objects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back