Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameter not based on a tabel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Feb 5, 2008
DK
can someone tell me if it is possible to create a parameter
which is not based on a table . I just want to add a range of numbers on my report via parameter.

You can add a parameter that is not based on a table.

Create new parameter, value type Number, Range Values checked, set default values: choose Range Limited Field, and set a min and a max for your range.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Now I can look at you in peace; I don't eat you any more." Franz Kafka, while admiring fish in an aquarium

it is also possible without default values ?

Yes, it is possible to create a range parameter without setting any default values.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Now I can look at you in peace; I don't eat you any more." Franz Kafka, while admiring fish in an aquarium

when i add the parameter to my reports (?T-DOC} it shows only 1 record istead the whole range

Did you make this a range parameter? Also please share your record selection formula.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"What version of URGENT!!! are you using?

Please give us more information about your record selection criteria based on the parameter.

If you are trying to display your range parameter selection, create a formula in the field explorer like this:

totext(minimum({?T-DOC}),0,"")+" to " +
totext(maximum({?T-DOC}),0,"")

-LB

when i use the formula :

totext(minimum({?T-DOC}),0,"")+" to " +
totext(maximum({?T-DOC}),0,"")

i get the error "message too many agruments have been given
to this function

I just tried that formula and is it not giving me any errors however, you probably have your parameter set as a string instead of a number.

Edit your parameter and set it to number

thanks , it works . Is possible to change the formula to show discrete vaules ?

Well, it is either discrete values or range values in the parameter.

For a discrete value use

totext({?T-DOC},0,"")

For distrete value where you can select multiple values use the formula by lbass

when i use lbass's formula to display multiple values, i get
the following result : "123654 to 125478" .
I want the result as follow:

Input

the report should reflect the same values.

Try
Code:
StringVar result;
NumberVar i := 1;

For i := 1 to ubound({?T-DOC}) do

result := result + totext({?T-DOC}[i],0,"") + chr(13);

result;

Just make sure to go to formatting options of the formula and set it to 'can grow'

great! it works. Thank you all for you support.

Then I guess you were not using a range parameter.

-LB

sorry , i need more help . i want to combine numbers and text .

for example :

input AA123B
AA123C

result AA123B
AA123C

thanks

Since your input is nummeric no longer you can use the same formula as before and simply leave the totext part off.

Also set your parameter to type string.
Code:
StringVar result;
NumberVar i := 1;

For i := 1 to ubound({?T-DOC}) do

result := result + {?T-DOC} + chr(13);

result;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back