Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameter fields...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norviking

Programmer
Nov 2, 2002
NO
Hi...

1: I just added a parameter field to my report. (string).

Now I want this parameter.value = to an array of string that I set in my application on runtime.

Is it possible???

2: Is it possible to insert a picture at runtime in my report?

|'m using c# and visual.studio.net, crystal report.

Change the parameter to a multi-value string parameter. Multivalue parameters are actually arrays.

on the picture, see faq767-1988

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

I made a parameter value called attachment, and made ticked the "Allow multiple values".

I then placed the field on my report.

In my c# app.

string[] String = new String[] {"test1","test2"};
report.SetParameterValue("attachment",String);

The report will only show the value test1. How come??

I'm quite new at this so plz bear with me..

Use the Join function to display the elements of an array, as in:

Join({?Parm1},",")

The second argument specifies the delimiter to show between elements. It is an optional argument.

According to Crystal Decisions you can search the objects in the report and change them prior to processing the report.

So you select the OLE object that was the company logo and change it to the new logo.

If you want dynamic image changes, check out faq767-3609 and my cViewIMAGE utility.

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back