Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameter Fields in Report and Page Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

lab509

MIS
Sep 4, 2003
US
How do I get my parameters to display in a report or page title. When I drag & drop it in, nothing displays.
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks!

hi

it must be in the page header
and when you drap and drop, hit the refresh it will prompt you for your parameter, then it will display

cheer

pgtek

Thanks for the information. :)

Do you know if it only displays discrete values as opposed to range values? I can get it to print the parameter if it is discrete, but no luck with a range.
Thanks!!!

You can print range value parameters. Range values are held in an array - you'll need to reference them directly by referencing the subscript e.g. [2] if you need to see multiple elements of a parameter - I'm sure this has been covered in previous topics - you might want to search for the info.

Peter Shirley

"it must be in the page header"

Perhaps I'm missing something, but I display parameter results in the report header on almost every report I write.

To display range paramter values:
Maximum({?RangeParm})
Minumum({?RangeParm})

To display multivalue paramters, use the join() function:
Join({?MVParameter},",")

note that you must have crystal 8 or newer to use the join() funtion

To display discreet value parameters just drag them on the report.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Or if you need to reference them specifically, reference the array value:

Multivalue parameters:
{?MVParameter}[1] + " "
{?MVParameter}[2] + " "
{?MVParameter}[3]

etc.

Peter Shirley

The FORMULAS page on my web site shows how to print Range and Multiple Parameters. Range parameters will not print at all if placed directly on the report, and Multiple parameters will only print the first item in the list.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Expert's Guide to Formulas / Tips and Tricks / Guide to Crystal in VB
- tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back