Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

parameter combobox issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimst

Technical User
Sep 17, 2002
NL
i'm just beginning to learn the Report Designer of the Microsoft SQL Server 2008. It is kind of similar with crystal reports so i can find my way.

However, i have made a parameter for showing contents of a report. i know how to make a parameter for filling in one value, but the parameter has to be a combobox from where from several values, one value can be choosen.

i do not know how to.

please advise!

Thanks in advance

-Dims

"Wearing sunglasses won't help taking my brightness away"

the solutions i have found in tutorials and another forum were and are helpfull, but still coping with an error message, which i need to find out the meaning first before posting further problems with the parameter.

Thanks though

-Dims

This is not the right forum to be asking this question in because it appears that you're asking about an MS SQL Server tool, not a BO or Crystal tool. You should ask it in one of the SQL Server forums.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

First things first.
I couldn't find a SQL Server BI Development Report Designer forum, that's why i posted my question here, hoping to find someone with a solution for me :)

I have found the solution myself though!

I made anohter dataset and used that one in the first parameter in the dataset, and now it works fine.

-Dims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back