Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Parameter based report(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

threadgills

Technical User
May 29, 2003
US
I'm sort of having the same dilemma as buckag only I don't have subreports.

I have a report based off of a main query that is based off other queries. There are apprx 6 queries that are based off one table with common fields (date). I need this date to have a between start & end date for user input. How can I have the user input the start & end date ONCE and have it look at the date field all the queries?

Thanks.

Not having seen the table or the queries, you may consider using a Union query as your Main query.

thanks ineuw. I had that idea over breakfast after posting this. I'll try when I get the time and advise. If it doesn't work, I'll post the query.

make a form that the users enter into and then in the query piont the condition clause of each date field to the forms controls (useing the exspression builder) then hide the form when the report opens (do not close it) then when you close the report close the form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back