Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

paramater values?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin531

Technical User
Sep 25, 2002
US
i'm having a problem with the a report. it has three subforms on it and here is what i want it to do:
on my form when i select the "print preview button" (a button with a macro i created) i get promted for a parameter. if i enter a parameter, it works and i get the desired results. my problem is that i don't want to enter a parameter. i want to be able to hit the preview button and have it automaticaly select the displayed record. is there a way to do this? any help would be great, thanks.
-Kevin531

Kevin,
Usually the parameter prompt will only appear when you have changed the recordsource for a report, and the field in question is no longer a part of the field list. So, when Access runs the report and it cannot find the field (usually a text box) inside the field list, then it prompts the user for the value to be used.
HTH,
Randy Smith
California Teachers Association

thanks. i got it to work. it was a problem with my where condition.
thanks again,
-Kevin531

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back