Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

parallel port communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

marct

Programmer
Apr 6, 1999
US
Hi!<br>
<br>
I need to communicate with a device through the parallel port, but I don't know what control to use. Is there some way in VB to talk directly to hardware addresses? I can't seem to find a control to do this.<br>
<br>
Thanks for any help!<br>
<br>
-Marc

You can do serial port comms with the MSComm control - can't find much to do with parallel ports though<br>
<br>
Mike <p>Mike Lacey<br><a href=mailto:Mike_Lacey@Cargill.Com>Mike_Lacey@Cargill.Com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

An associate had to write an exe program in c++ and I used the winsock control in VB to send commands through the parrallel port. I couldn't write my self out of a do loop in c++, so I don't know the details behind the code.

You can make a batch file in DOS which uses the &quot;Type&quot; command to send another file to the port of your choice. Shell it in VB. <br>

DF - that sounds interesting - can you get some more details?<br>
<br>
-ml<br>
<p>Mike Lacey<br><a href=mailto:Mike_Lacey@Cargill.Com>Mike_Lacey@Cargill.Com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back