Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

paragraph text instead of character text on shape

Status
Not open for further replies.

vttech

Technical User
Jan 28, 2006
US
I added a rectangle shape layer on top of a white background layer then I choose the type tool and click once on the rectangle shape to write some text. Instead of giving me the character type it gives me a paragraph text box. I didn't drag the mouse to create a paragraph text box. If I click anywhere except on the shape with the type tool selected I get a charter text. I am trying to create a navigation bar but it will not allow be to use the character type tool. how can I correct this behavior

I ended up doing that but I was wondering why this behavior is happening

In CS/CS2, it is assumed that you are typing on or in a path when positionining the text on or within the path (vector mask). You'll notice how the text cursor changes when you are over the path (to a slanted line) and to an elipse when inside the path.

The solution is as Marcus suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back