Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paradox 8/9 Data Integrity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Does anyone know how much Paradox can hold in a table?&nbsp;&nbsp;I have a table with 300,000+ rows (~60MB) that when I perform a table copy of it, the resulting table has errors in it (missing data, corrupt data).&nbsp;&nbsp;Same thing if I perform an add with a table of that size.&nbsp;&nbsp;Any suggestions would be appreciated.&nbsp;&nbsp;Thank you!<br><br>Dutch

Just to experiment a bit, create a simple table, and start adding records randomly in an infinite loop or say after 1 million records. See if you get problems there!!

Actually a good point to try it myself and test if paradox works well after such a number of records. I got doubts myself. Let you know the outcome.

The amount of data which can be stored in Paradox tables is essentially determined by your settings in the BDE, not the file size. If the file size is large because you have a lot of fields, then normalise the data. Suggest you search the newsgroups on deja.com on the Paradox table size issue. If you post on one of corel's news groups (don't cross post!) I'm sure someone an answer will be forthcoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back