Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

paperspace scaling in 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonpdrew

Technical User
Sep 5, 2003
US
I have a titleblock in paperspace. For the past year I have been using ctrl 1 to bring up the properies menu and adjusting my scale to whatever I have drawn at 1 to 1 in modelspace. This then allows me to print out at 1 to 1 and my drawings are 3/4" = 1", 1/2" = 1", whatever. Well, today I fire up AutoCAD using the same layout template I have used since the beginning of f**cking time and when I use ctrl 1 the drop down menu pops up and it is blank...WTF!?!?! Needless to say I am quite disgruntled at this point. The only way i can scale my drawing now in my titleblock is to bring eveything into my old version of AutoCAD and bring up the properties menus there. This of course is a pain in the neck and costs me time and money. I also have anywhere from 5 to 20 drawing tabs within a typical drawing, all of which need to be scaled differently at times. If anyone has any idea what might be wrong I would appreciate any help on this subject.

Jon

Do you get the "properties" dialogue box by either double-clicking on the viewport or by typing "properties"?

And doing it the old-fashioned way might be easier than using an old version. You know, go into viewport MS, type zoom, then type the "scalexp", for instance for 1/2"=2" type "2xp" for the zoom scale.

DO NOT double click on the viewport in 2006. This maximizes the viewport. If you have double clicked on the viewport you will see a red box around your drawing. There is a buton on the status bar (to the right of Othro, Snap, Polar)to come out of Max viewport.

There is a much easier way than the old way. Bring up the viewports toolbar. Highlight the viewport (so that the viewport has the blue grips). Then use the drag down menu from the viewports toolbar nd select the appropriate scale. We no longer have to type the scale, 1 over Xp, which I find to be an awesome, quickly accessed improvement (viewports toolbar goes back couple of versions.

Hopefully this helps.

I am still using the old MVIEW command to scale viewports!

Pete.

O.K. Everything has been back to normal now for a while...I don't know what happened but I suspect something was blasted in 2006 when I uninstalled an older version of CAD...weird. Anyhow thanks for all the help from everyone, I appreciate it.

Jon
JPD-Illustration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back