Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paper size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchbeav

Technical User
Sep 11, 2002
US
I need to know how to change the paper size within my document.

hi,

File>Document Setup.
It will change all the pages to the new paper size;
grillhouse

I guess I didn't word it correctly. Can I in the middle of a document change the paper size for just one or two pages? My document is 8 1/2 x 11 and my maps are 11 x 17. When I do File > Document Setup that changes the whole document. Otherwise my maps print on two seperate pages.

I haven't been able to find a way to change the layout within a document so that either page size or orientation is different in the same manual with pagemaker.

If you were to use MS word you could do this by dividing the document into different sections.

Hi,

No you can't change the document setup for just a few pages. Document setup is for all the pages in your cument, sorry.

grillhouse

You can't do landscape and portrait in the same doc, or different sizes... here are 3 workarounds:
PM does not support multiple orientations in one document. There are 3 possible work-arounds, the first 2 for orientation isuues, the 3rd for orientation or size:

Rotate everything 90° on a page. In some ways this is preferable as page numbering is maintained as created on the master page.

Another option is to create both landscape and portrait PM publications, create PDFs of each document, and merge the PDFs them using the full version of Acrobat.

The third is to create separate documents with the different orientations and "Book" them. When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Ok, I deleted the maps out of my main document, but left the blank pages where I want the maps to go there, and made them a seperate document. Then in my main document I go to "Book" and select the two documents that I want to book. But nothing happens. Should I be seeing something happen or is this a function that I don't see anything happening until the printers print it? Or should I have three documents? My text document, my map document, and then the document that I set the "book" up in? I have never done this and the User Guide is worthless. Someone please help me through this! Thanks

You just have to keep the files together when you send to printer... "book" function maintains page numbering, table of contents and index info but does not do anything that you will "see". It does NOT make a new file with all pages in it, if that is what you were thinking. It is simply a logical connection between all docs. When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back