Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Paper orientation in Outlook Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulMilnes

Technical User
Apr 14, 2000
GB
Visit site
My e-mail messages always print in landscape, even though I have been into Page Setup - Properties and set portrait as the default.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be? Or is it likely my printer driver's gone wonky?

Any help gratefully received!

Paul

Start-Settings-Printers, double-click your printer, hit Printer-Properties. Is it landscape? If so, change it to portrait. Programs will first take your printer settings.
techsupportgirl@home.com
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word

Thanks, Dreamboat, but I'm afraid that isn't the problem - it's only Outlook Express that does this - all other programs behave as you say.

Okay. Tools-Options-Send, change wrap to a shorter amount--mine is 76 (don't know default but it probably is 76). Perhaps that setting is forcing your emails to be wider than most? I know. I know. Shot in the dark.
techsupportgirl@home.com
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back