Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

paper (media) jam error after first page prints

Status
Not open for further replies.

ispconsultant

Programmer
Sep 2, 2003
US
I have an 840, and I am getting a paper jam error AFTER the first page has printed and is sitting in the top tray. I dont believe there is an error code.
The next page has not been picked up yet, and if you open the top cover, and close it without doing anything, it resets and the job starts again. This will go on forever.
I have had the printer in to Xerox Service center and they didnt really have a clue. I got a copy of the printer service manual and it doesnt mention this either (and without an error code, the service manual is worthless).

Any ideas????

Please send me an email at ispconsultant AT yahoo.com if you have any ideas...

Thanks
Mike

Hi Mike,

If there is no damage to the paper after the first page is out. You can almost say it is defiently an actuator arm (paper jam sensor) not returning to its home position. so when the first page comes through it pushes the arm forward and then the arm does not return back. Try looking in the service manual for the actuators and check that they move freely.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back