Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panasonic TVA50 USB Win7 Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulcalif

Technical User
Oct 8, 2014
US
Trying to attach to a TVA50 with a Windows 8 Laptop.
I have the older version of the Maintenance Console, 2.0
I've download every USB driver I could find, but nothing has worked yet.
I was having the same issue with our TA824, but finally use an app that did the install for me, and that did the trick.
Found the same type of app for the TVA50, but it didn't work.
Device manager allows me to select a Win7 64 bit driver, but when I connect the USB cable it's fails. It sees something, but doesn't recognize it.

Was hoping that I could get a link to the most recent version of the Maintenance Software and hopefully install the USB drivers from there.

Our TVA50 is already programmed, I just need to do a little tweaking to it, so I don't want to wipe it and have to start from scratch.

I am very new to this so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Great, thanks. I think I found it posted online. Is it about 60Megs, or do you know of a trusted link?

Ok, installed Ver 3.0. Install went fine, but at the end of the install it asked if I wanted to install the USB drivers, I did, and it failed. Said something to the effect of unsupported operating system.

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Paul

Where is the problem now?

"Ok, installed Ver 3.0. Install went fine"

Are yoou trying to say you successfully installed the console but failed on drivers?.

Did you save the drivers at the end of the MC installation to a known directory?

The console installed fine (as it did with the earlier version). At the end of the install the routine asked me if I wanted to install the USB drivers. I clicked on yes and it immediately told me that it wasn't compatible with the version of Windows I was using. I'm assuming it meant the USB drivers were not compatible. I tried selecting the option where Windows asks if there was a problem with the install and I selected yes. It then analyzed the program and offered to try the install with Vista at service pack 2 compatibility. I accepted that, tried again and it failed the same way.
I didn't write down the exact verbiage, but that's the gist of it.

I didn't see an option that offered to save the USB drivers anywhere, but maybe I wasn't looking close enough??

Thanks again for trying to help, I really appreciate it.

Sorry for taking so long in getting back with you. Our engineer's computer crashed and I had to rebuild it. He also had Windows 8 which I installed and updated to Windows 8.1. What a nightmare. While all of the engineer's specialty programs worked under 8.0, none worked under 8.1. but that's another story.

Back to the Maintenance Console and connecting to the TVA50 USB issue.

Since writing last, I have tried to connect to our TVA50 with different computers using Windows 8, Windows 7, XP and even Virtual XP on a Windows 7 machine. What I get each time I try to connect is, a Red Stop Sign with the caption - "The System cannot find any USB device connected to your computer"

I found instructions online that mention this, and suggest going through a re-initialization process. I am reluctant to do that for fear of resetting the TVA back to factory default.

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.
I know computers, but not Voice or Phone systems.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

Try this:

Panasonic USB Driver Install

Create a New Folder on your Desktop and name it Pan Drivers.

Install the Maintenance Tool software located on the Panasonic CD first.
This is where the USB Drivers are extracted from.
When asked, save the USB Drivers to the desktop.

If you have already installed the software, move the USB Drivers to the new Pan Drivers Folder

Connect the PC to the VM system with USB cable.

The Found New Hardware Wizard will appear.

Select Install from a list or specific location (Advanced),
Then click Next

Select Search for the best driver in these locations.
Select Include this location in the search,
Then click Browse.

Specify the Pan Drivers folder (that you created earlier) containing the USB driver,
It should be on the Desktop.

Select the correct driver for your Operating System.
Click Next

Click Continue Anyway

Click Finish

The driver is now installed and you should be able to connect to the system.
If not...
power down the Voice Mail
wait 30 seconds
power it back up.

If you are installing and using Drivers for the KSU and Voice Mail, be sure that you are
using 2 separate USB Cables.
One for the KSU and one for the Voice Mail.
Switching a single USB Cable between units can cause Driver Errors and can also
delete them.

Thanks very much for the suggestions. I finally got connected.
When attempting to install the USB drivers, I was getting an error that said something to the effect that although it found the correct driver, the device would not start. I tried turning off the power to the TVA50 for 30 seconds, but that didn't make any difference. Finally, I disconnected the power (which is of course what I should have done weeks ago, hind sight being 20/20) for 45 seconds after turning it off. Plugged it back in, turned the power back on, and got the favorable USB connection sound on the PC. Eureka, finally connected.

First thing I am doing is backing it all up, looks like it's going to take 1/2 an hour.

Then, I'll go through the menus, trying not to change anything, but learning how it is set up. There is some custom programming on it that needs to be changed.

BTW, I think I may have version 2 of the Maintenance Console installed, unless it's release 2 of version 3 or something like that. I don't want to try and check while it's backing up.

If I do have Version 2, should I try and install Version 3? Are there any huge advantages to 3 over 2?

Thanks in advance,
Paul

I have a lapatop with vista on it.
I downloaded the vista driver and put it on c:/program/panasonic/
I downloaded the Maintenance console and put it same place
with the console running I plugged in the voicemail, got a found new hardware popup went to the c:/program/panasonic location to load it
windows still came back with "the device is UNKNOWN and the most current dirver is UNKNOWN"
and the console would not recognize the voicemail
tried this with the console off next same results
uninstalled the counsole and reinstalled it same results

any suggestions, does vista even have an operable driver for the usb voicemail connection?

----------------------------
40: Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
50: who put this $%@#(*$ Hill Here??
JerryReeve
Telecommunication Technology Services

are you refering to the CD?
unfortunately I don't have the CD.

or were you refering to the download?

JerryReeve

When installing the KX-TVA Maintenance console, at the end of the installation you are asked to save the USD driver files at your preferred directory.
You wont be in position to connect to the KX-TVA VPS with just USB drivers.
You need the Maintenance console and i was just stating that Ver 3.0 of the KX-TVA Maintenance console has VISTA USB drivers.

ok great i understand thanks just was wanting to verify that I didn't need the cd for this thanks for clearing that up

JerryReeve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back