Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panasonic tde100 wtih broadvox sip trunks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdpandya

Programmer
Aug 3, 2003
US
tde 100 with broadvox sip trunks.
I programmed everything for the SIPGW16 card.
My trunk status shows as fault.
Broadvox try sending invite & it's unreachable.I have a public static ip add. connected directly to Cbeyond router has no firewall.
I am also using 6 IP phones on the ipext32 & works fine.
This is my first time using Sip trunking & of course I am a cerified dealer.
Any help?
Thanks in advance.

Have you set the DNS and default gateway? Do you have all the correct liscencing?
Just connected SIP trunks to our NCP today and all works good

Is the sip trunk using username and password to reg to sip provider or work off public ip address

I have a dsp16 card & has 4 sip trunk & 8 ip phone license.
MY 6 ip phones which r at remote site works fine so i know that my public ips works.
sip trunks are set to work off the public ip.
do I to use a new ip address for the sip trunk or the one that i used on my dsp card card as a gateway?

so the broadvox sip will only work thru dynamic natting?
i hate to put another router just for this prupose.I would like to work of the Cebeyond router which is open for all traffic & since i have static ips that i can use.
Any ideas would be appriciated.

If you have 2 external ip that can be used on the system as its ip address and all data traffic on that ip is sent to the system it should work. But if you have ip phones on internal address if could cause problems with those

Try the setup on the sheet and it may work. On the router you may have to do port swapping from 5060 to 35060

I have 5 usable static ips from the carrier so I am using one of them.I also have tried port 5060 & 35060 both but still no luck.
What would be the status of the sip trunk in the port setting looks like? it shows fault for the status.
Thank you obtsystems for your feedback.

you will need the 2 ip address of the system to be on the same range, and use the external providers gateway address, but you will have to be directly on the providers broadband, if you have a router inbetween with a gateway and its own internal ip addressing, you will have to be on its range with its gateway and use nat. the router will have to be able to nat sip and not just tcp/udp

also you will have to turn off the reg ability on the sip port, it will show as ins, but until all settings are correct it wont work

also make sure you hav dns ip in the card propertys of sip gateway card

yes,
tde 100 connected directly to cbeyond.
using external ip with same range.( i have 5 external ips from provider).

Have you dns setup?
Is the reg disabled? And the ip set on ipmpr card is the one user for provider

Problem solved.

PBX is set up as follows.
On MPR card & VOIP -DSP have an external static ip addresses.6 ip phones connected remotely.

setup on sip trunk card( V-SIPGw16)as follows.
under self property, turn off NAT TRAVERAL & leave the ip address blank.( leave everything as is).
under card property, key in your isp dns server values.
under port property, enter username & password as given by your provider. That's it.
I really like to thank obtsystems for good feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back