Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Panasonic Small Digital Business System

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowvoltageguy

Technical User
Mar 7, 2005
US
Anyone know how to turn OFF the automatic intercom on a SDBS616? I have every phone on mute, but the client wants the phones just to ring for intercom calls and not to have the automatic hands free speakerphone go on right away. How do I disable?

are you asking how to shut off tone calling

by default the system is set for intercom ring
so it neds to be changed back to default in system options

You know how the KXT phones have an auto answer button for intercom call? This system acts like that all the time. You call, the receiving extensions hears a tone and then you are immediately connected, if you want to be or not. I tried PSD1 0028, INFO TONE set to 0 for voice and paging.
PSD 3 03, ANSWERING CALLS, AUTOMATIC, but that seems to be for picking up CO lines. Is it?
And data security was set to can not interrupt.

Another problem that they reported is that if you are on CO1, having a conversation, someone else can hit CO1 and interruupt. They don't have to enter digits to barge in or anything, just hit the CO button.

Unit has feature group A.

Lee

its called tone call and needs to be turned off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back